Today’s Video Blog Episode highlights Peppermint Essential Oil benefits and uses.
The peppermint plant is actually a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. Peppermint is frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health, and also helps to alleviate stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function.
Quality does matter and a way to differentiate between brands is by a high menthol content of the peppermint essential oil. The brand that I use in our home is known for their quality essential oils. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among the line of essential oils.
Watch the video below to learn why I use peppermint almost everyday.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Contact me to purchase essential oils
- Our homemade Allergy blend – in a roller bottle add equal parts lemon, lavender and peppermint essential oil. Top off with Fractionated Coconut Oil. We roll this blend on the feet, neck or behind the ears. You will be able to breath much easier in a matter of minutes.
- Types of diffusers that we use in our home.
- Resources for glass spray bottles, roller bottles, or drinking (this is not an affiliate link)
- Calm that tummy. Just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach or taken internally can calm indigestion, an upset stomach or other internal digestive commotion.
- Freshen that breath. When your breath is sharp and your mouth feels furry, peppermint oil with water (and lemon oil) creates a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse that leaves a lasting crisp, clean feeling.
- Fight that cold naturally. When sinuses seem to be clogged, and throats swollen and scratchy, diffuse peppermint oil (or apply topically on the chest) for almost immediate relief and revitalizing air flow. Peppermint acts as an expectorant and may provide relief for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Cool those muscles down. After a workout when you feel those hot and achy muscles yelling at you, peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil cools like an ice bath, but you to stay warm and dry.
- Feel Full, Faster. It’s about feeling full, and not overeating. The aroma of peppermint oil has the ability to make you feel full, faster… especially if you breathe it in during a meal!
- Long Day Pick Me Up. The invigorating aroma of peppermint is a non-stimulating way to perk up on long drives, in school, during late night homework or any other time you need to “burn the midnight oil.”
- Want more ideas? Click to download or print uses for Peppermint Essential Oil