Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability. This is a versatile oil and there are many uses for Lemon Essential Oil.
Watch the video below to learn how I use Lemon Essential Oil to clean and freshen our house.
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil:
• Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
• Naturally cleanses the body and aids indigestion
• Supports healthy respiratory function
• Promotes a positive mood
Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- Assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort. Diffuse and take internally. Veggie capsules are helpful.
- Disinfect the Disgusting. You can add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range hood, on your tables, countertops and other surfaces. For some extra chemical-free firepower, a little vinegar is a traditional favorite.
- Furniture Polish. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Leather protector. Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Wipe away tarnish. Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
- Tame Oozy, Sappy from Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
- Stop Grease in its Tracks. Soap alone won’t remove the grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great de-greaser!
- Refreshing room deodorizer. Add to an 8oz glass spray bottle – 10-20 drops of Lemon and other citrus essential oils, 1/4 cup of Vodka, and then top off with distilled water. (The alcohol makes the fragrance last longer).
- Want more ideas? Click to download or print uses for Lemon Essential Oil
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Types of diffusers that we use in our home.
- Resources for glass spray bottles, roller bottles, or drinking (this is not an affiliate link)
Thanks for sharing the blog and Keep doing more post
Thank You for the feedback! What is your favorite essential oil?
Lemon essential oil helps with concentration and spirituality for me! It is my favorite essential oil.