Essential Oil Spray Uses
- Spray oil and water mixture in door and window entryways, garage and basement perimeter to deter bugs from crossing into the area. You can also use this same spray in your garden around planting areas to deter garden pests from attacking plants.
- Peppermint Essential Oil is know to deter Ants, Aphids, Beetles, Caterpillars, Flies, Gnats, Mosquitoes, Head Lice, Plant Lice, Moths, Spiders.
- Wild Orange Essential Oil is know to deter Chiggers, Cutworms, Flies, Gnats, Mosquitoes, Head Lice, Plant Lice, Moths, Roaches, Slugs, Snails, Spiders, Ticks, Weevils.
- 1/2 cup – Water (tap or distilled)
- 8 drops – Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops – Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 1 (4-oz) – Glass Spray Bottle https://amzn.to/2JPGD8V
- 1 Label – Waterproof Bottle Label https://amzn.to/2J2Vsnq
To Order essential oil www.mydoterra.com/danamitchell
- Gather your supplies and cover your work surface with an absorbent cloth. Some essential oils may dull the finish of your work surface if accidently absorbed.
- Select your glass or stainless steel bottle. This recipe calls for a 4 oz bottle, but you are welcome to use larger spray bottles. Just make sure to increase the amount of oil and water in the recipe. Note: Some essential oils will degrade plastic or foam, so we recommend glass or stainless steep when making sprays containing essential oils.
- Apply a label to your glass bottle identifying what’s inside or what the mixture is used for. We called our mixture Go Away Bug Spray. Visit my Amazon affiliate link to view label options. You will not incur any additional cost by using this link, this is simply Amazon’s way to thank me for suggesting some of their products to you.
- Add essential oil to your glass spray bottle by tilting the essential oil bottle on its side. Do not shake the oil from the bottle – you will add more drops that you intended. Add a total of 10 drops of essential oil. We used 8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil and 2 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil.
- Add about 4 oz (1/2 cup) of water to your bottle. We used tap water, because we intended to use the spray immediately. If you are making the spray to store for later, use distilled water.
- Secure the spray nozzle to the bottle and shake the liquid to mix.
- You are ready to spray your entry ways, windowsills, garage, basement, or garden beds. Oil and water don’t mix well, so make sure to give it a shake as you spray.